HHS 201 WEEK 5 ASSIGNMENT ( Helping Those in Need ) ~ INTRODUCTION TO HUMAN SERVICES ~ SCORED 100%
HHS 201 WEEK 5 ASSIGNMENT ( Helping Those in Need ) ~ INTRODUCTION TO HUMAN SERVICES ~
Helping Those in Need
For your final paper, you will select a target population from the following list:
- Women and children
- African Americans
- Mentally Ill
You will prepare a research paper in which you will:
- Research and examine the history of social welfare policy as it pertains to this population, discussing their specific needs from a social welfare program. (For example, have they been oppressed or discriminated against, suffered from lack of income or homelessness, or have they had other needs, such as access to healthcare?)
- Identify the laws that have been passed and programs put into place that have either helped or restricted their access to care and support.
- Identify the philosophical attitudes and perspectives that have led to either the support or lack of understanding for and marginalizing of this group.
- Identify the types of resources currently available in your area for this population.
- Discuss any relevant personal experiences or insights you have had relating to this population, if applicable.
- Explain the types of roles that human service workers perform in working with them, as well as highlighting the characteristics they would have as human service workers.
- Discuss the types of interventions or strategies that are beneficial.
- Include a discussion of how you feel this population could be better served and list at least two ways in which a human service worker could work as an agent for change in their behalf.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.