Assignment 1.1: Procedural Message - Draft Version
a procedural email to employees reminding them of key components of a
company policy on acceptable use of email and text messaging. The policy
should address security issues, privacy issues, and company monitoring
of messages. Consider policies on appropriate message content, the
consequences for using company equipment to send harassing messages, and
a policy on the use of company system for sending personal email
The message should take the “form” of an email; however, you will submit your assignment to the online course shell.
For the procedural message, you must:
Follow proper format.
- Use a descriptive title or heading
- Use bullets as needed to emphasize key points
- Include appropriate greeting and salutation
Have the following content:
- Introduce the main idea of the message in a concise, informative manner.
- Itemize and explain three (3) to five (5) key points with details.
- Provide information about where and to whom questions should be directed.
- Use effective language and English usage.
- Begin statements with action verbs
- Use correct grammar, punctuation, mechanics
- Avoid spelling errors
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12). Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Submitting your assignment:
- Submit your assignment through the online course shell.
- You do not need to email your assignment to your instructor.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
writing process strategies to develop brief business documents, such as
routine messages, bad news messages, and persuasive/sales messages.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.
for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization
of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following
to view the grading rubric.